Well ladies and gents, welcome to winter. As it turns out that November, December and even the beginning of January for that matter, were simply "warm-ups" to get us ready for the bone chilling, finger numbing, single digit degree days that are upon us. That's not to mention, the snow storm heading our way!
Like many of you, we have run out of indoor activities, you know...because of that pesky year long pandemic. We asked you to help us beat the boredom, and did you all deliver!
Whether you are located in the northeast (like us!), or somewhere else in the world, what better time than now to cozy up inside with yourself and/or your loved ones. Dig into some of the best recipes, workouts, activities and entertainment supplied by your fellow Clutter bugs. Let's get comfy, separate but together. Here is our list of favorites, created by YOU for a weekend spent indoors.
Ps. We bulletin pointed them for you because, well, let's keep it simple.
Best Recipe Resources
Are you a butcher, a baker, a candlestick-maker? From clean eating to comfort food, we've got the inside scoop on where to find the best recipes!
- Goop Food, for detoxes and clean eating
- Eyeswoon for elegent meals and delish baked goods
- One Pan Two Plates, and One Pan Two Plates Vegetarian for easy and weeknight dinners for couples
- Bon Appétit for anything your heart desires
- Smitten Kitchen for "triumphant but unfussy cooking"
- Molly Baz for a little bit of everything
- Alison Roman's Dining In for "simple of the moment dishes that are full of quickie techniques."
- Maxlamanna for unique no waste recipes
Games to Play at Home
If you are like us, you may be trying to teach yourself chess but when you need a break from the Queens Gambit, here are some our pals are playing!
- 4 Corners Card Game, learn how to play
- Salad Bowl Game, learn how to play
- Bananagrams, buy here
- Scrabble, buy here
- Uno, buy here
- A Question Game for Couples, here's an example
- Jenga, buy here
- Rummy, buy here
- Got a deck of cards? Here are 15 card games to play with your family!
If a few of these have been in your queue for awhile, now is the time to pull the trigger! Here are what your fellow Clutter bugs can't stop watching (+where to find them). There is truly something for everyone:
- Imposters, Netflix
- The Undoing, HBO Max, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video
- Bridgerton, Netflix
- The Queens Gambit, Netflix
- Homeland, Hulu
- The Night Stalker, Netflix
- Big Mouth, Netflix
- Succession, HBO
- Outlander, Netflix/Starz/Hulu
- Emily in Paris, Netflix
- Schitt's Creek, Netflix, Hulu/Amazon Prime
- What We Do in the Shadows, Hulu
What better to do while tidying, cooking, or self-caring? We have linked directly to each podcast's website so you can see if it is a good match for your ears! Most of these podcasts are accessible on whichever app you listen to your podcasts.
Health (physical and spiritual)
- The Model Health Sho by Shawn Stevenson
- Spiritual Shit
- What's the Juice by organic Olivia
- The Goop Podcast
True Crime, Supernatural and Folklore
- The Dating Game Killer
- My Favorite Murder
- Crime Junkie
- Morbid Podcast
- Sword and Scale
- Supernatural with Ashley Flowers
- Dirty John
*Note that this has the most submissions, you all are spooky AF and we love it!
Love and Dating
Interviews, Conversations and Misc.
- Armchair Expert
- Revisionist History
- The Goop Podcast
- More Than One Thing
- How I Built This
- Second Life
Make-You-Sweat Home Workouts
- Melissa Wood Health
- Heba Ali
- Rubi Ali
- Peloton App (with or without the equipment)
- Yoga with Adrian
- Pilates BKLYN
- Yoga Glo
*Check out your local studios and businesses for their virtual class schedules!
Bar-Tender Quality Cocktails
For a time when outdoor dining is no longer an option, and indoor dining feels scary, here are some bar-tender quality cocktails from the Clutter fam! We have linked to easy to follow recipes:
You also shared a few of your own recipes!
- Tequila Spritz: 1 oz silver tequila, half soda, half kombucha and lemon or lime juice to finish
- Skinny Marg: 1 oz silver tequila, soda, juice of 1 lime, flakey sea-salt sprinkled in, a splash of agave.
- Anything with Withco Cocktail Mixers
This was a blast to research and right because it came from YOU! We hope you enjoy so we can all stay in together, but separately.